brasilEnglish

telefone loumar

        SOCIAL MEDIA
Comunidades Sociais Twitter - @loumartur Blog - eu amo Foz Flickr - Acesse nossas fotos Youtube - Acesse nosso canal ABAVBRASIL
atendimentoligue gratisfale conosco

City Tour in Foz do Iguazu

The Foz City Tour is another innovative service carried out by Loumar Tourism Tour Operator, which aims to show its customers the city of Foz do Iguazu in detail. It is a tour full of information through the charming streets as well as the main attractions of the central region of Foz do Iguazu.

The sightseeing is carefully planned so you can get to know the important places in the city of Foz do Iguazu. The Foz City Tour has a highly qualified guide to tell the best stories of the attractions being visited in the region, showing in detail the historical and cultural aspects which formed this beautiful border town, which is worldwide renowned for its beauty.

INFORMATION

• Tours through the main avenues and streets of Foz do Iguazu
• Daily departures at 0930 and 1430 from 84 ,Brazil Avenue, in front of Loumar Tourism Travel Agent’s, returning to the same place of departure.
• The tour takes about 02.30
• Van Service Transport with guides for Portuguese, English and Spanish
• Capacity to 15 passengers
*only on holidays and high seasons

CITY TOUR

KNOW THE PLACES

Brazil Avenue is the first avenue of Foz do Iguazu and the main avenue of the city. It is an outdoor shopping mall. It was initially called Rua Botafogo, but 50 years later it was given the name of Brazil Avenue. This avenue settled the main buildings of the city, as the first hotel "Brazil" (now HSBC) and the first cinema ‘ Cine Star’ (1956). In 1946 only 2 cars were circulating this avenue, one from Schinke’s family, a Crysler 38, and one from the Mate Laranjeiras, anEnglish car. Currently, the Avenue has become a entanglement of vehicles and pedestrians crisscrossing it, therefore, the intention now is to make it become a horizontal shoppingl, where citizens and tourists can enjoy a pleasant setting, with shopping options, with safety and comfort.

The Army has been a constant presence during the entire occupation of the city, first during the military colony, which remained in the city from 1889 to 1913. The first Independent Company of Frontier was established in May 13, 1932. It gave rise to the first Battalion of Frontier in 1943, which was turned into 34th Battalion of Motorized Infantry in 1980.The headquarters of the battalion occupies an area of 8 hectares in the city center, with approximately two thirds of the area corresponding to an ecological reserve for environmental preservation.

The Getulio Vargas square was inaugurated in 1973 during the administration of the Mayor Tercio Alves Albuquerque. The Director of Public Works was Victório Basso and director of the Department of Works and Engineering was the engineer Eneas Garazzai Maruzzi .Recently, under the management of the Chamber Charles Budel, 2010, the square won a bust of Vargas by the Iguazuense artist Giovanni Vissotto. It was carved on a stone taken from the Parana River, but to achieve all this perfection has brought him a big headache"In the end the jaw broke while he was working on a detail on the lip. Eventually, they had had to get another stone, and start all over again and thanks God that one did not break.

The Old Casino Hotel was designed in December 1936 by the engineer Raul Mesquita. Its construction was performed from 1938 to 1939 by the National Construction CompanyS / A, Rio de Janeiro. At first the site was managed by a couple of Argentines. Until1946, the hotel served as a casino, but with the ban on gambling in Brazil in 1946, during Dutra’s administration, its facilities began to be used only to meet the demand for accomodation.With a built area of 1,075 m2, the Old Casino Hotel for many years served to tourism in Foz do Iguacu, having hosted famous personalities such as Moses Lupion, Getulio Vargas and Juscelino Kubitschek. Currently, the building is the headquarters of Paraná Turismo(Regional).

Bartolome Mitre School was created in 1927 by the then Governor Caetano Munhoz da Rocha, being first named after himself Caetano Munhoz da Rocha School. In 1930 the school was named Bartolomeu Mitre in tribute to the brave Argentine general who in 1865, during the "Triple Alliance War " prevented the Paraguayan troops to cross its territory to invade Brazil. It was the pioneer school, and at the time of its creation, from 1927 to 1952, the group worked in the building located on GetúlioVargas Square. Thereafter, the school started to operate where it is now , JorgeSchimmelpfeng Avenue. In December 2001, the school underwent a restoration and revival and received a new space, the Nations Square, which became a meeting point for the local community.

The mosque in Foz is a place of worship for followers of Islam- It is the reference among Muslims for prayers and meetings.
The Islamic community of Foz do Iguacu was committed to building the mosque, whose foundation stone was laid in 1981, being inaugurated on March 20, 1983. The building area is 1248m ² and has an oval room of 580m ² for prayers.
Its architecture was inspired the second largest holy center of Islam, Al Akssa mosque in Jerusalem. The Mosque is noticeable from a distance with its towers (minarets), 31 meters high and with architecture that draws attention.
Decorative today, the minarets role was to host a light signal and be a place where calls for prayer are announced five times a day.

In 1933, aiming to build an Airfield in Foz do Iguazu, the negotiations for the acquisition of the land, where the first airport in the city would be built, with the aim of establishing a line of Military Air Mail covering the mouth region Iguaçu to the city of Guaira. The venue chose was the one where Gresfi is currently, at the time it was far from downtown. On 1 April 1935 was the inaugural landing was held, with sound training, but only in 1938, the Company PAN AM inaugurated an international line that made the trip Rio / Asuncion / Buenos Aires once a week. It was through these flights that the city began receiving distinguished visitors like Walt Disney, Henry Fonda and Grace Moore.

Inaugurated on March 31, 1978, the Cooperative Craft of the West and Southwest of Paraná (Coartem) has as its main objective to organize, structure and spread the craft activity preserving the art and culture of the region. Pottery is the main product sold and has one of the best levels of Brazil in beauty and quality. With over 80 associates it is possible to find variety of techniques in handicrafts and other items such as rattan, porcelain, glass and recyclable material. Today, Coartem integrates with Sebrae and the Development Council for the Neighboring Cities, the Ñandeva Project, which aims to develop local traditionalal crafts not only of Foz do Iguazu, as the cities of Sao Miguel do Iguacu, Marechal Candido Rondonand Guaira.

The 50's was marked by an extraordinary moment for public education in Foz, and in its territorial extension as well as its imminent vocation, established by decree No. 9533 of July 12, 1953, the School of Workers Dr. Ernesto Luiz de Oliveira, opened around1956, whose first director was the agronomist Rubens de Jesus. In 1962 it was renamed the State Agricultural Gymnasium Manoel Moreira Pena, who marked the society of Foz do Iguazu for his work and generosity towards us and provided social services to thiscity.
Currently, this school is a high school and professional. Situated in Av.General Meira it has an area of 69.7 hectares and building area of 14,500,000 is one of the largest in the city.

Located on the border of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina, the Brazilian Landmark was inaugurated on March 20 July 1903 along with Argentina in March. The obelisk in the shape of an equilateral triangle was built of stone and cement and painted in national colors, green and yellow. The area is historically significant by the fact that Foz do Iguazu demographically should develop in this region, as determined in the former MilitaryColony. It stands out from its lookout where you get some spectacular views of the Iguazu River, Paraná River and the three bordering countries. Near the Brazilian mark is the Space of the Americas, a beautiful building that is used for events like the meeting of Mercosur.